Watermelon Crunch Salsa2014-12-30
Recipe by watermelon.org
Enjoy the contrasting flavors in this festive salsa with fresh vegetable dippers, tortilla chips, or as an accompaniment with grilled fish or seafood.
- 4 cups 1/4 inch cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups 1/4 inch cubed jicama
- 1 cup 1/4 inch cubed carrots
- 2 cups minced purple cabbage
- 1 cup minced sweet yellow banana or bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 limes (juice from the fresh squeezed limes)
- dash of sea salt for taste
Prepare each ingredient and toss together just before serving.
Enjoy salsa as desired and refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Scoop out 1/4 or 1/2 of watermelon shell (depending on melon size) and use as a serving dish for the salsa.
The USDA Dietary Guidelines recommend Americans eat 5 to 6 cups of fruits & vegetables each day.