Image by watermelon.org
A delightfully refreshing and tasty twist on a popular classic.
- 4 cups cut-up watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion including top, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Place watermelon in bowl of food processor; process until smooth.
Add pineapple and continue to process until combined.
Place mixture in large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
Chill before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Servings: 3 (3/4-cup) servings
Each serving provides 1 3/4 cups of fruits or vegetables.
The USDA Dietary Guidelines recommend Americans eat 5 to 6 cups of fruits & vegetables each day.
This information is per serving.