92% Water and 100% Sweet, Sweet, Sweet
They’re not just for picnics anymore! Sliced in wedges, chopped in squares, or just cut in half and devoured with a spoon—traditional and mini watermelons can brighten a meal for your entire family or satisfy your craving for a sweet snack. Add this delicious fruit to salad with berries for Sunday brunch, send the kids smiling to the backyard with big juicy slices, or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes of melon for an impromptu dessert—such is the magic of delicious watermelon.
Collaborating in Support of a Cure
In 2007, the MelonUp!® Pink Ribbon Watermelon program began when Robinson Fresh® employees saw an opportunity to positively impact the fight for a cure for breast cancer. Through nutrition education on the health benefits of watermelon, combined with donations to breast cancer organizations, we endeavor to help the estimated 1 in 8 women who will be affected by this cancer, and to never give up the fight for a cure. Learn more about how MelonUp! is joining the cause for breast cancer research with MelonUp! Pink Ribbon watermelons.
Ask for tantalizing MelonUp! watermelons and MelonUp! Pink Ribbon watermelons at your local store.
Watermelon Health Benefits
- Watermelon is fat-free and cholesterol-free.
- Eating watermelon is a good way to hydrate (it’s 92% water).
- Watermelon has been declared “one of the best foods for cardiovascular health” by the American Heart Association.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of potassium and vitamins A, C and B6.
- Watermelon is the “lycopene leader” of the produce aisle. It’s also rich in citrulline.
Cancer-Fighting, Antioxidant-Rich Lycopene
- Lycopene is a red pigment that gives watermelon its color. Packed with antioxidants known to prevent cancer, a 1-cup serving has 7.4 mg of lycopene.
- Lycopene is associated with reduced risk of prostate, uterine, and esophageal tumors.
What is Citrulline?
- Citrulline is an amino acid that helps our bodies eliminate toxins and boost energy.
- Seedless watermelons have the highest concentrations of citruline.
Serving Size 2 Cup diced pieces (280g)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 80||Calories from Fat 0|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Vitamin A 30%||Vitamin C 25%|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 4%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
For current nutritional information, click here.