MelonUp!® Pink Ribbon Watermelons
Collaborating in Support of a Cure
In 2007, the MelonUp!® Pink Ribbon Watermelon program began when Robinson Fresh® employees saw an opportunity to positively impact the fight for a cure for breast cancer. Through nutrition education on the health benefits of watermelon, combined with donations to breast cancer organizations, we endeavor to help the estimated 1 in 8 women who will be affected by this cancer, and to never give up the fight for a cure. You can help support this worthy cause when you purchase MelonUp! Pink Ribbon watermelons. Every juicy bite of a MelonUp! Pink Ribbon melon helps to fund critical breast cancer research.
Watermelon Health Benefits
- The American Cancer Research Institute recommends a plant-based diet.
- Fruits—like watermelon—and vegetables are full of fiber, nutrients, and phytonutrients that may reduce cancer risk.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of potassium and vitamins A, C, and B6.
- Watermelon is the “lycopene leader” of the produce aisle. It’s also rich in citrulline.
Cancer-Fighting, Antioxidant-Rich Lycopene
- Lycopene is a red pigment that gives watermelon its color. It’s packed with antioxidants, which are known to prevent cancer.
- A 1-cup serving of watermelon has 7.4 mg of lycopene.
- Lycopene is associated with reduced risk of prostate, uterine, and esophageal tumors.
What is Citrulline?
- Citrulline is an amino acid that helps our bodies eliminate toxins and boost energy.
- Seedless watermelons have the highest concentrations of citruline.
Serving Size 2 Cup diced pieces (280g)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 80||Calories from Fat 0|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Vitamin A 30%||Vitamin C 25%|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 4%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
For current nutritional information, click here.